Dr Nalda Wainwright
- Chairperson of BAALPE (Wales 2005-2006).
- Chairperson afPE Wales (2006-2008)
- Member of Skills mapping working party for PESS Foundation Phase project.
- Member of HEI working group for PESS project.
- Invited member for the inaugural meeting and first workshop of the International Physical Literacy Association
- Member of the Sport Wales Physical Literacy Expert group
- Member of BERA
- Fellow of the HEA
- Voting Member of the IPLA
- Inclusion in Physical Education and Sport
- Health in Education
- Desks to Dens
- Curriculum Adventure
- Leading and Managing Curriculum change in Physical Education.
- International Exchange in Sport Health and Outdoor Education
- Research Methods in Masters Physical Education and Outdoor Education
- Physical Education Masters Internship
- Physical Education Masters Dissertation
- The implementation of the Foundation Phase Curriculum in Wales and its impact on children’s Physical Literacy.
- The impact of curriculum change in Wales on physical literacy.
- Impacts of Physicality on children’s development and learning.
- Impact of the outdoors as a learning environment.
- Teachers’ perceptions of professional development in physical and outdoor and its impact on their practice.
- Secondary pupils’ disaffection in Physical Education.
- Lead Consultant for Physical Education and School Sport (PESS) Inclusion Project
- Author of the PESS Inclusion CPD module
- National Trainer for PESS HRE project
- National Trainer for PESS Competitive activities.
- National Tutor for PESS gymnastics project.
- National Tutor for PESS Primary Dance Project
- National Tutor for the PESS Foundation Phase Physical Development Project.
- ‘Class Moves’ Trainer
Wainwright, N. (2013) Physical Literacy in the Foundation Phase in Wales. Journal of Sport Science and PhysicalEducation, ICSSPE Bulletin 65 Special Feature Physical Literacy.
Williams, A. and Wainwright, N. (2012), Changing times for outdoor learning in Wales –
Outdoor Learning Cards, Adventurous Activities and Physical Education Horizons July 2012
Wainwright, N. and Williams, A. (2012) “Miss that’s the best PE lesson we’ve ever had and we couldn’t see for most of it.” Adventurous Activities and Physical Education in Wales. Physical Education Matters, summer, Vol 7 (2), 51 – 54, 2012.
Lavin, J. Wainwright, N. et al. (2011). ‘Children’s Primary Physical Education in the United Kingdom- A post code lottery? In Primary Physical Education Matters vol. 6 no. 1
Wainwright, N. (2006) ‘Accessing Learning through Effective Physical Education’ In Primary Physical Education Matters vol. 1 no. 3.
Professional teaching resources.
PESS Inclusion Resource and support module for supporting children with Visual Impairment in Physical Education (2010).
PESS Inclusion Resource and support module for Teaching Assistants (2010).
PESS Inclusion Resource Pack and CPD core module (2009).
Wainwright, N. (2012) From Desks to Dens, In Griggs G (ed) An Introduction to Primary Physical EducationLondon: Routledge.